Working Groups are at the very heart of GSE.
There are more than 150 Working Groups across Europe where successful case studies are presented and practical experience in all aspects of IT is exchanged. As a result, better-informed decisions can be made by both individual members and member companies to ensure installations are more effective. The groups also ensure that all members are empowered with the knowledge to meet their professional challenges and are provided with a unique insight into future technology and solutions.
Working Groups are also key to identifying specific subjects, requirements and concerns that can then be explored fully as part of conference programmes.
Working Groups raise issues which are picked up for direct discussion and negotiation with senior IBM representatives, or which become the objectives of international projects. Active member participation in these groups is fundamental to the aims of the GSE. As such, there are numerous opportunities to share ideas and solutions with industry colleagues, both on a regional and international level.
The objectives of the IMS DB2 user group.
To learn and to share experiences among the DB2 and IMS users in the Belgium and Luxembourg area.
Establish contact between DB2 and IMS users in conferences with:
- Mainly sharing user experience on DB2 and IMS subjects
- IBM presentations with news from DB2/IMS and other interesting topics.
- Vendor presentations on DB2/IMS subjects
- Submission of requirements for future changes in the products.
On a yearly basis, we plan the following half day events :
- One IMS event per year, usually planed in November
- Two DB2 events per year, usually planed in March and December
- One joined event with an other GSE working group, this a one day event and will usually be held at the IBM Forum.
We try to arrange these event at a user location.
With the support of CA, BMC Software and IBM we manage to successfully arrange our events. They give us the possibilities for locations, speakers and by providing us the possibilities for the user networking during the coffee breaks and the closing drink.