Working Groups are at the very heart of GSE.
There are more than 150 Working Groups across Europe where successful case studies are presented and practical experience in all aspects of IT is exchanged. As a result, better-informed decisions can be made by both individual members and member companies to ensure installations are more effective. The groups also ensure that all members are empowered with the knowledge to meet their professional challenges and are provided with a unique insight into future technology and solutions.
Working Groups are also key to identifying specific subjects, requirements and concerns that can then be explored fully as part of conference programmes.
Working Groups raise issues which are picked up for direct discussion and negotiation with senior IBM representatives, or which become the objectives of international projects. Active member participation in these groups is fundamental to the aims of the GSE. As such, there are numerous opportunities to share ideas and solutions with industry colleagues, both on a regional and international level.
The objectives of the z/OS user group.
Specific Objectives 2012
- IBM announcements
- z/OS, JES2/JES3 evolution
- Evolution in Storage Media & Software
- Parallel Sysplex
- z/OS Monitoring & Tuning
- Systems Management
- Disaster Recovery Techniques
- Host Publishing
- z/OS Open Edition
- Users’ Practical Experiences
- IBM services and support(new)
- Firewall and security(new)
- Cooperation ‘Hogescholen’ e.g. Gent
- More interactive sessions
- Jointventure with other workgroups
On a yearly basis, we plan the following full day events :
- Four workgroup meetings a year
- One joined event with an other GSE working group, this a one day event and will usually be held at the IBM Forum.
We try to arrange these event at RealDolmen or IBM.
We are very pleased having RealDolmen as sponsor. Nearly all our workgroup meetings are hosted by RealDolmen in Huizingen, Vaucampslaan . We can use the RealDolmen infrastructure consisting of meeting room with all facilities, and so on ...
Schedule for 2010 (Dolmen Huizingen): 4 meetings / working year
Wednesdays 17/03 - 16/06 - 15/09 - 17/11
- To learn about the experiences, initiatives and intentions of Systems Managers in other companies.
- To learn about the suppliers' products, services and policies.
- To raise Requirements towards z/OS and related products, and to formulate Regional or European Matters of Concern.